Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jan 10th Photo/355


Yesterday was a practice day for my daughter at the 49 Degrees North. My husband and I had to work on timing for the TeleDaze race so it was a busy day. I did get to ski with my little niece, well actually she is a cousin by marriage but she calls me her aunt. We skiied the "animal" trails on Chair 3. She was so funny. I do miss five year olds. We were skiing along when I saw deer tracks and pointed them out to her. She said she thought they were bear tracks and I told her I didn't think so. I continued to try to persuade her and she that they were deer tracks. Finally, after she continued to argue with me so I finally said, "Well, maybe they are bear." She looked at me and said, "No, you're wrong, it can't be. Bears are hypnotized right now." To make the day just that much better, I also ran into a lady I went to high school with who I hadn't see for a number of years. It was great to run into her up there and now we are talking about planning a girls night out for the old MLHS girls. All and all, a great day!

Choosing a picture for today proved to be a very difficult task, but finally I decided to post our ski boots by the fireplace as it was very wet on the mountain and on days like that, we have to dry our gear out by the fire. The white boots were also my Christmas present from my husband. My first pair of new boots. Note: You can also see the knee brace that I wear when I'm skiing too. It is the black thing tucked into my boot.
Canon Rebel EOS XT, manual, no flash

0 comments: