Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jan 20th/345


Jan 20th of this year was a huge day in the history of the United States of America for a number of reasons:

  1. 1. Our new president, Barack Obama was sworn in.
  2. 2. He drew the largest inaugural crowd in history.
  3. 3. His swearing in and inaugural speech drew a huge online streaming crowd from those who could not be in Washington DC making it the most watched live event in our history.
  4. 4. He is our first president with known African ancestry.

I watched across our campus as people gathered to watch the "changing of the guard" at the White House. People were gathered at computers as well around TVs to watch the historical event. Most of all, I enjoyed watching our English Language students as they learned how our government works and saw it in action. All day, I wondered, "What image would sum up my day and this event?" So when I walked into my local Borders that night, I saw this display and knew that I had to take this photo to represent this day in history. I pray that the Obama family will find fun, laughter, & great memories while living in the White House and that President Obama is guided by the Lord, makes good choices and that our country will be in a better state in four years.

Pentax Optio10, no flash

0 comments: