Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jan 21st/344

Today was just plain cold! The only great part is that we had freezing fog which creates beautiful frost tips on the pine trees around campus. I took this picture as I was walking across campus with my middle daughter after sharing some sad news with her. My oldest daughter calls it the Narnia photo. The photo not only represents the cold spell we are having but the beauty that can be found in nature, even on a bad day. It is very serene. As one would guess this far in reading this blog, today is not exactly a good day for our family as we lost a member dear to our hearts. My brother-in-law's mother passed away this morning between 5 and 7. She was very close to my children and took care of them often. My kids actually called her grandma. She lived a long life and she died peacefully, but she will be missed. Today made me think of this passage from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 which is one of my favorites.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:..."

Pentax Optio10

0 comments: